Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Raylene Potter: Statistics Coach

The entry below is from Raylene Potter:

My name is Raylene Potter and I will be your Graduate Assistant for Applied Statistics this fall. I am a second-year student in the Learning and Instruction program. I have been very impressed with the doctoral program at USF, and would like to take this opportunity to welcome you all to the program!

One of my true passions is teaching statistics. I have a master’s degree in statistics and currently teach math and stats at Hartnell and Gavilan colleges. For twenty years, I worked as a statistical programmer/analyst in the educational research division of McGraw-Hill. Approximately two years ago, I decided to resign from the corporate day job, and expanded various adjunct positions into full-time teaching.

My purpose as a Graduate Assistant is to provide you with support, wherever it is needed. No question is too basic…though the more complicated questions I may refer to Dr. Mitchell!

My planned onsite office hours will be from 5:15 - 6:15 pm, every teaching weekend Saturday, in your Applied Stats classroom. I also have scheduled phone-in or online office hours from 5:00 - 7:00 pm every Friday. Please feel free to call me or email me at any time. I will try to respond to messages within a reasonable timeframe.

My cell phone is: (831) 334 - 7438

The best email address to use is: raylenepotter@hotmail.com

I look forward to working with you this semester. I know that for many of you, the idea of a doctoral level applied stats class is dreadful. Please let me help- I truly love statistics and am very willing to be at your service.

Looking forward to a great semester!

Raylene

No comments:

Post a Comment