Friday, December 18, 2009

Report 3 Feedback and Grading

I've finished going over all of the third reports. Overall the class did an excellent job! Congratulations to all of you for a job well done.

I will be sending individualized feedback to each person via email today. The feedback will include Raylene's spreadsheet rubric scoring, my written report rubric scoring (with very short notes), and my markup of your paper. In some cases there's no markup at all, in other cases very little markup.

Grades are not due until early January. With the grading of reports done, you now know 50% of your grade. The other 50 points of your grade will come from your timely submittals of the problem sets (16 points), providing a question and comment at the least for each knowledge dig (16 points), and attendance at the class sessions (18 points). Thankfully Google Docs and the Disqus commenting system will make it easy for me to look up each person's submittals quite easily. And, realistically, you should already know if you submitted problem sets, participated in the discussions, and attended class. I just need to do the clerical work of looking up this info for each person.

Next week I need to be providing feedback for my Multimedia Learning class. Grades might be submitted for Applied Statistics before the January deadline, but likely not much before.

I hope all of you have a great holiday break!

No comments:

Post a Comment